On the July 29, 2020 episode of /Film Daily, /Film senior writer Ben Pearson is joined by /Film weekend editor Brad Oman and writer Hoai-Tran Bui to discuss the latest film and TV news, including the 2020 Emmy nominations, Universal and AMC’s historic deal, a new Black Beauty, Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge, and Comic-Con at Home’s disappointing numbers.
In The News:
- (HT) 2020 Emmy Nominations: ‘The Mandalorian’ Scores Best Drama Nod, ‘Watchmen’ Leads with 26 Nominations
- (Brad) The Biggest Surprises and Snubs of the 2020 Emmy Nominations
- (Ben) Universal and AMC Reach Historic Deal Shortening Theatrical Exhibition Window From 3 Months to 3 Weeks
- (HT) Modern-Day ‘Black Beauty’ Adaptation Starring Mackenzie Foy and Kate Winslet is Coming to Disney+
- (Brad) ‘Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge’ First Look Video Teases VR Experience, Reveals ‘Star Wars’ Veterans Joining the Cast
- (HT) Comic-Con at Home Failed to Generate Buzz, With YouTube Panels Averaging 15,000 Views
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at [email protected]. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
The post Daily Podcast: Emmy Nominations, Universal/AMC Deal, Black Beauty, Star Wars VR, and Comic-Con at Home’s Dismal Numbers appeared first on /Film.